Today I’m extremely excited to announce that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award, my first blogging award since I started Realiction in 2009, by Julian Froment. The Liebster Award is an unofficial award that is passed through the blogging community from bloggers to bloggers. There is no overseeing authority who doles out prize money or certification and it’s basically a way of highlighting the blogs that you like and that you think have some good writing. Thanks Julian!
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award (I think it’s in that order):
- List 11 random facts about you.
- Answer the questions that were asked of you (by the blogger that nominated you).
- Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and link to their blogs.
- Notify the bloggers of their award.
- Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award.
11 Random Facts
- I watch movies in the first five rows of any theatre. I hate sitting at the far back because movies don’t envelop you in their magic when you can see the four corners of the movie screen clearly.
- I have a sporadic gum addiction. I can go for periods of time without gum or consume a pack of gum a day.
- My desk is always cluttered with stuff – books, magazines, CDs, gum wrappers, stray papers – until my mother cleans my desk and throws all that stuff into places of her choosing. I hate it when that happens.
- I can listen to one song continuously for several days and then just stop listening to that song. I don’t know why that happens.
- I can only read poetry, and relish it properly, by reading poems aloud, even when I’m alone.
- I eat dinners in front of the TV (yes, I know, it’s a bad habit).
- I have an agile dog called Aura that can snatch food off the dining table if left unattended. She’s even eaten two whole blocks of cooking butter and she prowls through the trash sometimes.
- I can’t sleep for more than five to six hours because I feel that I’ll be wasting time otherwise.
- I recently adopted ebooks as my chosen form of reading.
- I haven’t learned to shave yet because I see it as a sign of adulthood.
- I arrive at least thirty minutes early for any appointments that I have. I’ve tried to reduce that to five to ten minutes, but I’ve been unsuccessful so far.
The Liebster Q & A
1. What is your favorite book?
Right now, Cloud Atlas, written by David Mitchell.
2. Do you play an instrument? If so, which one?
I play the piano on and off.
3. What is your ideal holiday?
My ideal holiday would be by myself, exploring places on my own, just walking through the streets and taking in the culture with my camera.
4. Which author would you most like to meet (they do not need to be currently alive)?
Ray Bradbury. He’s just the most inspiring writer I know.
5. What is your favourite genre to write in?
I haven’t written enough fiction to have a favorite genre honestly. Every time I try writing in a genre, I get frustrated that I recycle all the tropes of that genre and ditch the piece before it’s done.
6. What is your least favourite book?
The Ascent of Money by Niall Ferguson. I’ve tried reading it four times and can’t get past the first chapter. It’s a good book, but we just can’t seem to connect.
7. Do you have siblings, if so which?
I have a younger sister.
8. PC or Mac?
MAC MAC MAC. Every time I come in contact with a PC I’m so irritated by the clutter of the Windows OS and it’s SO SLOW.
9. Do you eat meat?
Yes, I eat all kinds of meat, except for seafood. Seafood’s got too many bones to contend with; one of my grandfather’s friends died because he choked on a fishbone.
10. What is your favourite sport?
I’m not really a sporty person, but I do love table tennis.
11. Do you have a day job?
No day job yet. I’m going to college this Fall.
11 Questions For My Nominees
- What’s the worst nightmare you’ve had?
- What time of the day do you prefer to write?
- Ebooks or Paperbacks?
- Do you follow the news and current affairs closely?
- Keyboard or Pen and Paper?
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
- What is one movie you can watch throughout a single day over and over again?
- When it’s raining, would you run through it or stand and enjoy it?
- Do you cook?
- How many drafts are stuck in creative procrastination on your blog?
- Has blogging made you a better person somehow?
The Award asks you to nominate 11 blogs, but unfortunately I don’t follow so many that have less than 200 followers (I’m not even sure some of them qualify by that standard because I couldn’t find out how many they had). These blogs though inspire me to continue blogging and I’m glad to pass this award on to them. Congratulations!!!
I hope the nine of you accept this award. Thanks again Julian for this delightful honor! It’s a reinforcement that I’m doing something right with Realiction. Here’s to many more enriching posts for me as a writer and for my readers and followers!